Monday, November 17, 2008

painting, running, breaking and the like

I'm just sitting here. Unable to think of anything smooth or witty or insightful to blog about. No deep spiritual or philosophical truths have been revealed to me. "I'm getting lamer." I think to myself (and that is not a good thought).

Then I think, I'm not lame, I'm blank.

I'm blank, I'm weak, I'm bland, I'm broken and bored and boring and void of anything that should make anyone interested in anything that I have to think or do or say.

I'm perfect.

A blank canvas is at the start of every masterpiece. A weak body is only a strong one before the sweat ensues and muscle takes hold. A bland palette is the one with the most options. A broken piece is the only piece that is fixed. The bored are the ones who seek enchantment.

So, paint with the colors that you dream in. Run until your legs give way. Taste the spices of the life you aspire to, don't settle for the plate put before you. Don't worry about pushing too hard and breaking something- push with everything in you and hopefully something will break! Seek out what captivates your spirit and, when you find it, hang on tight to the passions you've discovered.


"When the habitually even-tempered suddenly fly into a passion, that explosion is apt to be more impressive than the outburst of the most violent amongst us."
-Margery Allingham

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow Stacie. That was awesome. Really, really awesome.